• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rbda

rbda

I am wondering if anyone has experience making desserts, such as cookies or brownies, using a replacement sugar. Specifically I am speaking of %100 pure stevia or monk fruit extract. Each of these powders requres a much lower amount to achieve a strong enough sweetness. Instead of adding a whole cup of sugar you might just need a teaspoon or something like that- and the texture is different from sugar. . So obviously this will change how to baked goods turn out. Does anyone know good ways to use these substitutes and achieve desireable results in baked goods?

rbda

rbda

I am wondering if anyone has experience making desserts, such as cookies or brownies, using a replacement sugar. Specifically I am speaking of pure stevia or monk fruit extract. Each of these powders requres a much lower amount to achieve a strong enough sweetness. Instead of adding a whole cup of sugar you might just need a teaspoon or something like that- and the texture is different from sugar. . So obviously this will change how to baked goods turn out. Does anyone know good ways to use these substitutes and achieve desireable results in baked goods?