• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

The dudhi is calabash or bottle gourd. It isn't specifically Indian. It grows all over Asia, in Europe and the USA. It is thought to have originated in South Africa. Round here it is most often used in soups and hotpots.

36 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I can also get this,  and this, but have no idea what to do with them. Anyone care to share knowledge and ideas?

The first link in the above quote is to luffa or loofah, one of my favourite vegetables. Again, not specifically Indian.

Sigua.jpg

I like it steamed with garlic.

Luffa w Garlic.jpg

Steamed Luffa with Garlic

It is often stir fried with eggs, too.

Your third link seems to be the same as your first. Was their a third vegetable you wanted to ask about?

liuzhou

liuzhou

The dudhi is calabash or bottle gourd. It isn't specifically Indian. It grows all over Asia, in Europe and the USA. It is thought to have originated in South Africa. Round here it is most often used in soups and hotpots.

22 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I can also get this,  and this, but have no idea what to do with them. Anyone care to share knowledge and ideas?

The first link is to luffa or loofah, one of my favourite vegetables. Again not specifically Indian.

Sigua.jpg

I like it steamed with garlic.

Luffa w Garlic.jpg

Your third link seems to be the same as your first. Was their a third vegetable you wanted to ask about?