• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

26 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Great looking feasts Elaina.  I have a question about the beans.  Did you just plant some beans that you had purchased for eating?  I would like to try that.  

I purchase bean seed especially for planting. The coco noir came from PineTree Gardens. It would probably be a bit cheaper to try beans sold for cooking (This packet of coco noir seed cost $1.75 and contains more than I have room for.) but I don't think I would trust the age of the seed.This way I know they were packed for this year's germination. 

ElainaA

ElainaA

20 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Great looking feasts Elaina.  I have a question about the beans.  Did you just plant some beans that you had purchased for eating?  I would like to try that.  

I purchase bean seed especially for planting. The coco noir came from PineTree Gardens. It would probably be a bit cheaper to try beans sold for cooking (a packet of coco noir seed cast $1.75 and contains more than I have room for) but I don't think I would trust the age of the seed.This way I know they were packed for this year's germination.