• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

22 minutes ago, Anna N said:

@Shelby

That salad looks SO GOOD.   I think I can identify most of the ingredients but would love to get your input and your recipe for the dressing.  

Thanks Anna!  It's nothing fancy.  I had a head of iceberg lettuce that was going south so I used that mixed with some lettuce from the greenhouse.  Your micro greens would be lovely in there, too.  A few green onions, some capers (love those things), some of my canned tomatoes that I patted dry and chopped up (couldn't face the tasteless store bought ones on my counter).  Eggs from the IP.  Homemade croutons from a loaf of French bread that I made and we didn't eat fast enough.  Forgot I put some broccoli in there, too.  And (don't look Rotuts) a few black olive slices from the dreaded can.

Ranch is as follows:

I made a batch of immersion blender mayo so that helped the flavor of the dressing I'm sure.

I put the following in a mason jar:

1/4 C. mayo

1/4 C. sour cream

1/4 C. buttermilk

1/2 t. or so of:

chives

dill

garlic powder

salt and pepper to taste

Put the lid on the jar, shake well to mix and throw it in the fridge for at least 30 mins.

Shelby

Shelby

1 minute ago, Anna N said:

@Shelby

That salad looks SO GOOD.   I think I can identify most of the ingredients but would love to get your input and your recipe for the dressing.  

Thanks Anna!  It's nothing fancy.  I had a head of iceberg lettuce that was going south so I used that mixed with some lettuce from the greenhouse.  Your micro greens would be lovely in there, too.  A few green onions, some capers (love those things), some of my canned tomatoes that I patted dry and chopped up (couldn't face the tasteless store bought ones on my counter).  Eggs from the IP.  Homemade croutons from a loaf of French bread that I made and we didn't eat fast enough.

Ranch is as follows:

I made a batch of immersion blender mayo so that helped the flavor of the dressing I'm sure.

I put the following in a mason jar:

1/4 C. mayo

1/4 C. sour cream

1/4 C. buttermilk

1/2 t. or so of:

chives

dill

garlic powder

salt and pepper to taste

Put the lid on the jar, shake well to mix and throw it in the fridge for at least 30 mins.