• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

10 hours ago, gulfporter said:

I like this idea.  

While the sushi recipe looks killer, another neighbor said this hostess always does a theme potluck and is compiling a recipe book for the neighborhood based on a decade of these events.  This explains the footnote on the invitation asking guests to bring their recipe.  I'm still the new kid on the block and don't want to upset any apple carts.  

Back to the bastilla recipe....I've been googling and find many variations.  Anyone one have a tried and true recipe?  

I always knew it as b'stilla. In fact, there was a restaurant of that name near me when I lived in Detroit, way too many years ago. Here's a good recipe from Saveur. (Use the chicken thighs ;))

Alex

Alex

10 hours ago, gulfporter said:

I like this idea.  

While the sushi recipe looks killer, another neighbor said this hostess always does a theme potluck and is compiling a recipe book for the neighborhood based on a decade of these events.  This explains the footnote on the invitation asking guests to bring their recipe.  I'm still the new kid on the block and don't want to upset any apple carts.  

Back to the bastilla recipe....I've been googling and find many variations.  Anyone one have a tried and true recipe?  

I always knew it as b'stilla. In fact, there was a restaurant of that name near me when I lived in Detroit, way too many years ago. Here's a good recipe from Saveur.