• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Id really take a closer look at the Puck oven before you buy. " pressure " is nominal, being generous.  its just a sealed oven.  no steam.

It does not seem to be 'well made' but I have not seen it in the flesh.  Its not in any stores  as far as I can tell.

its a shame the CSB does not drop from time to time to 200 - 220 range.  don't worry about the size,  it delivers a very different type of cooking

and is the only one out there ( for some time ) to do this.  Its a 'buy' if you just use it for toast, esp if you bake your own or get really good fresh bread with a good

crumb.

of course, I covet  PedroG's ElectroLux,  Id smuggle one in on two heart beats and figure out how to set it up on its one "rack'

but the CSB has more than delivered the goods to me for some time now.

rotuts

rotuts

Id really take a closer look at the Puck oven before you buy. " pressure " is nominal, being generous.  its just a sealed oven.  no steam.

its a shame the CSB does not drop from time to time to 200 - 220 range.  don't worry about the size,  it delivers a very different type of cooking

and is the only one out there ( for some time ) to do this.  Its a 'buy' if you just use it for toast, esp if you bake your own or get really good fresh bread with a good

crumb.

of course, I covet  PedroG's ElectroLux,  Id smuggle one in on two heart beats and figure out how to set it up on its one "rack'

but the CSB has more than delivered the goods to me for some time now.

rotuts

rotuts

its a shame the CSB does not drop from time to time to 200 - 200.  don't worry about the size,  it delivers a very different type of cooking

crumb.

but the CSB has more than deliver the goods to me for some time now.