• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

I make ginger butter quite a bit. I use it to caramelise prawns or chicken (usually adding fish sauce and white pepper to the pan) or spread it on scones and smeared with honey. I also put some on steak just after it's cooked, and let it melt into a gingery puddle (usually with fish sauce, again.)

I also make a green onion/ginger butter that you can see here, smeared on the tops of Chinese meat pies I made, and sprinkled with ground red chilli.

image.jpg.56e238d11d86f5efa5e44312a2048b
rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

I make ginger butter quite a bit. I use it to caramelise prawns or chicken (usually adding fish sauce and white pepper to the pan) or spread it on scones and smeared with honey. I also put some on steak just after it's cooked, ang let it melt into a gingery puddle (usually with fish sauce, again.)

I also make a green onion/ginger butter that you can see gear, smeared on the tops of Chinese meat pies I made, and sprinkled with ground red chilli.
image.jpg.56e238d11d86f5efa5e44312a2048b