• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Tuna casserole for me also has some kind of crunchy crust topping which doesn't include cheese, but, I think you could do the same crumb crust with a bit of parmesan too. I am not sure I would mix that into the body of the casserole, but, cottage cheese/ricotta in the layered part (as for a traditional lasagne) would be fine.

I am wondering how often you make these two selections for your daughter because it seems to me that if you combine the two then you will also have to come up with something else or she may be fatigued eating the same combo casserole all the time.

Deryn

Deryn

Tuna casserole for me also has some kind of crunchy crust topping which doesn't include cheese, but, I think you could do the same crumb crust with a bit of parmesan too. I am not sure I would mix that into the body of the casserole, but, cottage cheese/ricotta in the layered part would be fine.

I am wondering how often you make these two selections for your daughter because it seems to me that if you combine the two then you will also have to come up with something else or she may be fatigued eating the same combo casserole all the time.