• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight was not at all what I planned, but plans go astray sometimes.

So it was a very simple capellini with clams (done in wine and garlic) w\ith Chinese chives and coriander leaf.

56c86092c010c_capelliniandclams.jpg.f20b

This was followed by three Hong Kong style egg tarts.

danta.thumb.jpg.c5109deb85bd08831cd7d979

OK. I confess. There were four, but here there is a taboo against serving four of anything, even to yourself. The Chinese for "four" and for "die" are homophonous, so I ate one earlier. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 

liuzhou

liuzhou

So it was a very simple capellini with clams (done in wine and garlic) w\ith Chinese chives and coriander leaf.

OK. I confess. There were four, but there is a taboo against serving four of anything, even to yourself. The Chinese for "four" and for "die" are homophonous, so I ate one earlier. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 

liuzhou

liuzhou

OK. I confess. There were four, but there is a taboo against serving four of anything, even to yourself. The Chinese for "four" and for "death" are homophonous, so I ate one earlier. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it