• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Looks like fish to me. Perhaps they were running out of red dye to feed what looks like an east coast-type 'farmed' salmon. It is a bit pale even for the salmon around here but I don't know the salmon in con delight's part of the world. I doubt it is arctic char or trout but I could be wrong - looks a bit thick for those. Smoked cod and haddock around here has that colour exterior but the interior is not pink. I hope he comes back to tell us more soon.

Deryn

Deryn

Looks like fish to me. Perhaps they were running out of red dye to feed what looks like an east coast-type 'farmed' salmon. It is a bit pale even for the salmon around here but I don't know the salmon in con delight's part of the world. I doubt it is arctic char or trout but I could be wrong - looks a bit thick for those. Smoked cod and haddock around here has that colour 'skin' but the interior is not pink. I hope he comes back to tell us more soon.