• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

57 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

That looks delicious to me but for the goat cheese, but I could always sub that for a cheese that is more agreeable to me. Can you explain "sweet roasted" beets?

Yes, any cheese that you can incorporate into a dressing with a bit of whisking would work. Or just skip the cheese entirely and choose your favorite vinaigrette.  As to the beets, perhaps I worded that poorly. I roasted them and they tasted quite sweet.   Edited to add that I probably should have written sweet, roasted beets. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

53 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

That looks delicious to me but for the goat cheese, but I could always sub that for a cheese that is more agreeable to me. Can you explain "sweet roasted" beets?

Yes, any cheese that you can incorporate into a dressing with a bit of whisking would work. Or just skip the cheese entirely and choose your favorite vinaigrette.  As to the beets, perhaps I worded that poorly. I roasted them and they tasted quite sweet.