• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

I have harvested:

cherry toms 060616.JPG

First fruits of the 2016 crop, if you don't count the herbs I've been snipping for a month. I ate them.

I started, in fact, to eat them right on the spot. But I remembered my daughter's warning, "Mama, you wash that stuff before you eat it. You know Jack (the attack Yorkie) pees on all of it."

I figured she had a good point, so I brought them in and washed them off, and ate them standing in the kitchen in front of the sink. They were glorious.

In other garden news, if squash blossoms are any indicator, I ought to have a bumper crop of yellow crookneck this summer. Zucchini, and my cucumbers, are a little behind the yellow ones.

kayb

kayb

I have harvested:

cherry toms 060616.JPG

First fruits of the 2016 crop, if you don't count the herbs I've been snipping for a month. I ate them. They were marvelous.

I started, in fact, to eat them right on the spot. But I remembered my daughter's warning, "Mama, you wash that stuff before you eat it. You know Jack (the attack Yorkie) pees on all of it."

I figured she had a good point, so I brought them in and washed them off, and ate them standing in the kitchen in front of the sink. They were glorious.

In other garden news, if squash blossoms are any indicator, I ought to have a bumper crop of yellow crookneck this summer. Zucchini, and my cucumbers, are a little behind the yellow ones.