• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

I currently have squash and cukes in the top of the light stand. The cukes will go into an area on the south side of the house that seems to get an earlier start to spring, I think due to the exposure and the warmth of the foundation at night.

IMG_0611.JPG

The squash will go in the garden in a few days, joining the beans lettuce, radishes and peas.

IMG_0577.JPG

The herbs on the bottom of the light stand are destined for a whisky barrel on the deck, joining another one with thyme, chives and sage. I recently stained a similar barrel along the driveway that currently holds pansies and liked the look, so I stained the new barrel with the same stain.

IMG_0592.JPG

This one  will get set up on the deck then I'll try and stain the one that is already there trying not to get that stain all over the deck. I do like being able to just walk out

the slider for fresh herbs when I want.

HC

IMG_0594.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

I currently have squash and cukes in the top of the light stand. The cukes will go into an area on the south side of the house that seems to seems to get an earlier start to spring, I think due to the exposure and the warmth of the foundation at night.

IMG_0611.JPG

The squash will go in the garden in a few days, joining the beans lettuce and peas.

IMG_0577.JPG

The herbs on the bottom of the light stand are destined for a whisky barrel on the deck, joining another one with thyme, chives and sage. I recently stained a similar barrel along the driveway that currently holds pansies and liked the look, so I stained the new barrel with the same stain.

IMG_0592.JPG

This one  will get set up on the deck then I'll try and stain the one that is already there trying not to get that stain all over the deck. I do like being able to just walk out

the slider for fresh herbs when I want.

HC

IMG_0594.JPG