• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tchefunkte

tchefunkte

punctuation fix

I like to check out local cuisine as well. But some cities that I worked in for extended periods (Sioux City, Iowa and Philadelphia, Mississippi come to mind) had a pretty short list of culinary gems, to say the least! I was mostly interested in developing the idea of what you can do within the limitations of a meager per diem and with limited tools.

tchefunkte

tchefunkte

I like to check out local cuisine as well. But some cities that I worked in for extended periods (Sioux City, Iowa and Philadelphia Mississippi come to mind) had a pretty short list of culinary gems, to say the least! I was mostly interested in developing the idea of what you can do within the limitations of a meager per diem and with limited tools.