• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I checked on the mangosteens in the local supermarket (in China - the one in Asia) to see if I could identify where the out-of-season fruit was coming from. There was no indication. I asked the woman on the weigh station and she looked at me as if I was mad and said "China" . (I guess she meant the one in Asia.)  But I suspect she would also say that if I asked her where the Spanish olives came from.

Anyway, they were looking past their best, so I passed on them for now.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I checked on the mangosteens in the local supermarket (in China - the one in Asia) to see if I could identify where the out-of-season fruit was coming from. There was no indication. I asked the woman on the weigh station and she looked at me as if I was mad and said "China" . I presume she meant the one in Asia.  But I suspect she would also say that if I asked her where the Spanish olives came from.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I checked in the mangosteens in the local supermarket (in China - the one in Asia) to see if I could identify where the out-of-season fruit was coming from. There was no indication. I asked the woman on the weigh station and she looked at me as if I was mad and said "China" . I presume she meant the one in Asia.  But I suspect she would also say that if I asked her where the Spanish olives came from.