• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

My daughter and SIL get plenty of Jeni's here in Atlanta. I find it far to sweet as well. I sent my husband on a run for Hagen-Dazs coffee at Krogers and all they had were teeny tiny individual servings containers. But he did find some HD cookies and cream, which I rarely buy and it tasted delicious. It's just an ice cream sandwich with less sandwich with a sticky texture. And I mean that in the best way.

Not exactly ice cream but up there at the peak of. best things ever, the twin girls came home yesterday and they are the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. They are buttermilk and strawberry.

But back to ice cream. Buttermilk Strawberry is right in my wheelhouse. We make a really good buttermilk ice cream and when we get back home I am going to add strawberries, roasted. Yesterday I made Gabrielle Hamilton's Strawberry Milk, which uses a ratio of 3 cups whole milk to 1 cup buttermilk to a pound of macerated berries.. Okay so it's not ice cream, but you need a lot of good sustenance when nursing twins. Or to keep you from floating away when you are a new grand parent. Okay, I'm rambling. Rambling is the new cogent.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

My daughter and BIL get plenty of Jeni's here in Atlanta. I find it far to sweet as well. I sent my husband on a run for Hagen-Dazs coffee at Krogers and all they had were teeny tiny individual servings containers. But he did find some HD cookies and cream, which I rarely buy and it tasted delicious. It's just an ice cream sandwich with less sandwich with a sticky texture. And I mean that in the best way.

Not exactly ice cream but up there at the peak of. best things ever, the twin girls came home yesterday and they are the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. They are buttermilk and strawberry.

But back to ice cream. Buttermilk Strawberry is right in my wheelhouse. We make a really good buttermilk ice cream and when we get back home I am going to add strawberries, roasted. Yesterday I made Gabrielle Hamilton's Strawberry Milk, which uses a ratio of 3 cups whole milk to 1 cup buttermilk to a pound of macerated berries.. Okay so it's not ice cream, but you need a lot of good sustenance when nursing twins. Or to keep you from floating away when you are a new grand parent. Okay, I'm rambling. Rambling is the new cogent.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

My daughter and SIL get plenty of Jeni's here in Atlanta. I find it far to sweet as well. I sent my husband on a run for Hagen-Dazs coffee at Krogers and all they had were teeny tiny individual servings containers. But he did find some HD cookies and cream, which I rarely buy and it tasted delicious. It's just an ice cream sandwich with less sandwich with a sticky texture. And I mean that in the best way.