• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

That's a cool beast of a machine...and yeah, buyouts are annoying!

Since the ice creams I'm often making tend to start out similarly...

Chocolate.jpeg.dc21140932a69ec00461a48c50147ac0.jpeg

I have to remind myself which side of the stove is which. Otherwise, all hell breaks loose for sure!

Yesterday's experiments...

252508449_Chocolateandvanilla08-14.jpeg.9d0aef69c025cf7f89badfede79f2dc7.jpeg

The chocolate is "The Darkest Chocolate Ice Cream in the World" from Jeni's Splendid.

The vanilla is "Blank Slate Philadelphia-Style Ice Cream" (flavored with vanilla, obviously) from Hello, My Name Is Ice Cream.

Recipes were followed to the letter...if the letter also includes half recipes. My old Lello beast spun them in 15 minutes or less - it seems to really like spinning pints quickly - but it sounds wheezier and wheezier every time I use it - or I'm just imagining that so I can have an excuse to buy a Whynter. It certainly seems like the refrigerant is still fine - it's just the motor that the dasher gets spun by might not go for much longer.

These are both very good ice creams. The first chocolate I've made in a long time, and so, so chocolaty.

Good stuff.

weinoo

weinoo

That's a cool beast of a machine...and yeah, buyouts are annoying!

Since the ice cream I'm now making tends to start out similarly...

Chocolate.jpeg.dc21140932a69ec00461a48c50147ac0.jpeg

I have to remind myself which side of the stove is which. Otherwise, all hell breaks loose for sure!

Yesterday's experiments...

252508449_Chocolateandvanilla08-14.jpeg.9d0aef69c025cf7f89badfede79f2dc7.jpeg

The chocolate is "The Darkest Chocolate Ice Cream in the World" from Jeni's Splendid.

The vanilla is "Blank Slate Philadelphia-Style Ice Cream" (flavored with vanilla, obviously) from Hello, My Name Is Ice Cream.

Recipes were followed to the letter...if the letter also includes half recipes. My old Lello beast spun them in 15 minutes or less - it seems to really like spinning pints quickly - but it sounds wheezier and wheezier every time I use it - or I'm just imagining that so I can have an excuse to buy a Whynter. It certainly seems like the refrigerant is still fine - it's just the motor that the dasher gets spun by might not go for much longer.

These are both very good ice creams. The first chocolate I've made in a long time, and so, so chocolaty.

Good stuff.