• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

added image

On 19/12/2015 at 2:51 PM, liuzhou said:

"If I Had A Hammer"

Well, I do now. I haven't been able to find a meat pounder/mallet anywhere in China, but settled for this rubber headed mallet. I mainly use it for flattening chicken breasts or escallops.

I used to use the base of pan or even my olive oil bottle, but felt the need for a dedicated tool. I'm off now to thump another chicken.

Of course, within days of proclaiming that meat tenderising hammers aren't available, I find one in a shop two minutes from my front door!

hammer2.jpg.6036a376d3ef9bf866aa205869cc

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 19/12/2015 at 2:51 PM, liuzhou said:

"If I Had A Hammer"

Well, I do now. I haven't been able to find a meat pounder/mallet anywhere in China, but settled for this rubber headed mallet. I mainly use it for flattening chicken breasts or escallops.

I used to use the base of pan or even my olive oil bottle, but felt the need for a dedicated tool. I'm off now to thump another chicken.

Of course, within days of proclaiming that meat tenderising hammers aren't available, I find one in a shop two minutes from my front door!