• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kriz6912

kriz6912

25 minutes ago, DianaB said:

@kriz6912 is your fruit mousse based on a Christophe Felder recipe?  It looks similar to one I've been tempted to try but not yet attempted due too many problems with other recipes of his that I have attempted.

Also, is the recipe for your previous dessert available?  It looks stunning.  Perhaps beyond my competence but would love to have a go.

Really enjoying your photos.

Thanks, DianaB. :) The fruit mousse consists out of an Italian meringue, passion fruit puree, whipped cream & gelatine. It was very easy to make and I think it turned out great. The other dessert, I think you're referring to the Demarle Charlotte mould (the one where there are some chocolate feathers in the picture), is also a very basic recipe. If you like I can give you all details on both recipes?

By the way, if you look at my 2nd instagram feed (see footer) you can see cross sections of the patisserie in question so you get an idea of what's inside.

kriz6912

kriz6912

24 minutes ago, DianaB said:

@kriz6912 is your fruit mousse based on a Christophe Felder recipe?  It looks similar to one I've been tempted to try but not yet attempted due too many problems with other recipes of his that I have attempted.

Also, is the recipe for your previous dessert available?  It looks stunning.  Perhaps beyond my competence but would love to have a go.

Thanks, DianaB. :) The fruit mousse consists out of an Italian meringue, passion fruit puree, whipped cream & gelatine. It was very easy to make and I think it turned out great. The other dessert, I think you're referring to the Demarle Charlotte mould (the ones where there are some chocolate feathers in the picture), is also a very basic recipe. If you like I can give you all details on both recipes?

By the way, if you look at my 2nd instagram feed (see footer) you can see cross sections of the patisserie in questions so you get an idea of what's inside.

kriz6912

kriz6912

10 minutes ago, DianaB said:

Thanks, DianaB. :) The fruit mousse consists out of an Italian meringue, passion fruit puree, whipped cream & gelatine. It was very easy to make and I think it turned out great. The other dessert, I think you're referring to the Demarle Charlotte mould (the ones where there are some chocolate feathers in the picture), is also a very basic recipe. If you like I can give you all details on both recipes?