• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Patrick S

Patrick S

Shain, that babka looks delicious!

Franci, I've never seen cornetti before - they look super.

RWood, I adore the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, so I'm lusting for some of that Easter cake. Everything you post is so well-executed and artfully plated.

jmacnaughtan, excellent glaze on your Easter entremet.

After the caloric excesses of my own Easter weekend (I regret nothing), I had planned on adhering to a lower-calorie diet for the remainder of the week. But I had some pate de croissant left over from the Ispahan, and some chocolate glaze left over from the doughnuts, and both were at the point of freeze-it-or-waste-it. And since the freezer was full and I hate to waste things, I made chocolate-glazed cronuts on Tuesday night. I atoned the next day by eating a kale salad and extending my workout by 30 minutes.

IMG_1721_c.jpg

Patrick S

Patrick S

Shain, that babka looks delicious!

Franci, I've never seen cornetti before - they look super.

RWood, I adore the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, so I'm lusting for some of that Easter cake. Everything you post is so well-executed and artfully plated.

jmacnaughtan, excellent glaze on your Easter entremet.

After the caloric excesses of my own Easter weekend (I regret nothing), I had planned on adhering to a lower-diet for the remainder of the week. But I had some pate de croissant left over from the Ispahan, and some chocolate glaze left over from the doughnuts, and both were at the point of freeze-it-or-waste-it. And since the freezer was full and I hate to waste things, I made chocolate-glazed cronuts on Tuesday night. I atoned the next day by eating a kale salad and extending my workout by 30 minutes.

IMG_1721_c.jpg