• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

Typo

On 1/1/2016 at 4:04 PM, Shelby said:

Now I have not used Uncle Ben's in decades, I admit, but I do believe that it is a converted rice. Dear @Shelby, please try to find jasmine or basmati rice or at a minimum, especially for Spanish dishes, get some medium grain rice and rinse well before putting it into your instant pot on the rice cooker setting. You must  rinse the rice until the water runs completely clear. Depending on the brand, it can take a while. But it is well worth the effort. I hope you give it a try!

kbjesq

kbjesq

On 1/1/2016 at 4:04 PM, Shelby said:

Now I have not used Uncle Ben's in decades, I admit, but I do believe that it is a converted rice. Dear Shelby, please try to find jasmine or basmati rice or at a minimum, especially for Spanish dishes, get some medium grain rice and rinse well before putting it into your instant pot on the rice cooker setting. You must  rinse the rice until the water runs completely clear. Depending on the brand, it can take a while. But it is well worth the effort. I hope you give it a try!