• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

11 hours ago, saluki said:

After some experimenting and filling my freezer with different dumplings, I like pork and leek and pork and vegetable the best.  Bibigo and Pulmuone have thin wrappers which I like and cook up well in the air fryer.

Although, I haven't had in a while Ajinomoto gyoza dumplings were pretty good.  Also like the TJ's Thai shrimp dumplings..

The stores here don't carry many brands and only a few varieties in the brands they do carry.  There are a couple of pork & seafood options, some seafood, some chicken, some vegetable.  I'll probably try those after I've tried the pork dumplings available to me. Haven't seen any Pulmuone or Ajinomoto. I don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods nearby.   There's a small Asian grocery store here (without a website to see what they carry) that I'm hoping will have some interesting choices. 

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

7 hours ago, saluki said:

After some experimenting and filling my freezer with different dumplings, I like pork and leek and pork and vegetable the best.  Bibigo and Pulmuone have thin wrappers which I like and cook up well in the air fryer.

Although, I haven't had in a while Ajinomoto gyoza dumplings were pretty good.  Also like the TJ's Thai shrimp dumplings..

The stores here don't carry many brands and only a few varieties in the brands they do carry.  There are a couple of pork & seafood options, some seafood, some chicken, some vegetable.  I'll probably try those after I've tried the pork dumplings available to me. Haven't seen any Pulmuone or Ajinomoto. I don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods nearby.   There's a small Asian grocery store here without a website to see what they carry that I'm hoping will have some interesting choices.