• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

7 hours ago, lemniscate said:

Anyone done egg rolls/spring rolls/dumplings? 

I've done just about every frozen egg roll I can find in the stores here.  It depends on the size and shape but 12-15 minutes at 375-400 flipping halfway turns out about right in my air fryer. That will vary a bit depending on the air fryer.  I use parchment liners because egg rolls exude a sticky oily substance than can be a little harder to clean.

My favorites are Pagoda Pork Egg Rolls (best cabbage flavor, IMO) and Good & Gather Chicken Thai Basil Spring Rolls.  Good & Gather is a Target store brand. Chung's Pork Egg Rolls and Minh Pork Egg Rolls are pretty good, too.  I wish I could still get Private Selection Butter Chicken Spring Rolls. Those were great, but they've apparently been discontinued.

Haven't tried pot stickers/gyoza/dumplings in the air fryer yet, but I'm sure I will.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I've done just about every frozen egg roll I can find in the stores here.  It depends on the size and shape but  12-15 minutes at 375-400 flipping halfway turns out about right in my air fryer. That will vary a bit depending on the air fryer.  I use parchment liners because egg rolls exude a sticky oily substance than can be a little harder to clean.

My favorites are Pagoda Pork Egg Rolls (best cabbage flavor, IMO) and Good & Gather Chicken Thai Basil Spring Rolls.  Good & Gather is a Target store brand. Chung's Pork Egg Rolls and Minh Pork Egg Rolls are pretty good, too.  I wish I could still get Private Selection Butter Chicken Spring Rolls. Those were great, but they've apparently been discontinued.

Haven't tried pot stickers/gyoza/dumplings in the air fryer yet, but I'm sure I will.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I've done just about every frozen egg roll I can find in the stores here.  It depends on the size and shape but  12-15 minutes at 375 flipping halfway turns out about right in my air fryer. That will vary a bit depending on the air fryer.  I use parchment liners because egg rolls exude a sticky oily substance than can be a little harder to clean.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I've done just about every frozen egg roll I can find in the stores here.  It depends on the size and shape but  12-15 minutes at 375 flipping halfway turns out about right.  I use parchment liners because egg rolls exude a sticky oily substance than can be a little harder to clean.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I've done just about every frozen egg roll I can find in the stores here.  It depends on the size and shape but  12-15 minutes flipping halfway turns out about right.  I use parchment liners because egg rolls exude a sticky oily substance than can be a little harder to clean.