• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

One of the nice things about living in a small city in the South, surrounded by farms -- I've just connected with a lady who will bring to my door a dozen farm-fresh eggs every week, and extra when I ask (like next week, as we will be deviling eggs!) -- for the stunningly low price of $2.50 a dozen. I felt almost guilty paying for them this morning. $2.50 -- delivered! -- almost beyond belief.

For farm-fresh eggs, I'll take my chances with bird flu.

kayb

kayb

One of the nice things about living in a small city in the South, surrounded by farms -- I've just connected with a lady who will bring to my door a dozen farm-fresh eggs every week, and extra when I ask (like next week, as we will be deviling eggs!) -- for the stunningly low price of $2.50 a dozen. I felt almost guilty paying for them this morning. $2.50 -- delivered! -- almost beyond belief.