• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Added another option

I make madeleines regularly. My go-to recipe that I have been making for years has honey. This latest batch didn't have much of a hump, but they tasted delicious and were very moist thanks to the honey.

Anyway, my madeleine pan is very pitted and hard to clean, and it's time to look for a replacement/upgrade. I've seen various brands and was wondering what everyone's preference was. My current one is regular lightweight aluminum. Is it better to get a nonstick one or just a good quality steel?

Here are a few I was considering:
Chicago metallic nonstick

Fox Run nonstick

Zenker nonstick carbon steel

Browne tinned steel

Norpro tin

25653343580_e21af63152_h.jpg

25953936965_6bebc93244_h.jpg

25665155790_7f6c258ce4_h.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Added another option

I make madeleines regularly. My go-to recipe that I have been making for years has honey. This latest batch didn't have much of a hump, but they tasted delicious and were very moist thanks to the honey.

Anyway, my madeleine pan is very pitted and hard to clean, and it's time to look for a replacement/upgrade. I've seen various brands and was wondering what everyone's preference was. My current one is regular lightweight aluminum. Is it better to get a nonstick one or just a good quality steel?

Fox Run nonstick

Browne tinned steel

Norpro tin

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Fox Run nonstick

Browne tinned steel