• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

A "hot dog" is an option for lunch at our Sunday flea market.    Mohamed runs a meticulous cart and loads every order precisely.    Husband goes for the Polish dog, I the turkey dog.    I ask for catsup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cilantro, dill pickles and loads of jalapenos.    Husband similar but no peppers.     Mohamed jokes as we approach, "One spicy turkey dog for Madam, and one no peppers for the Wimp."    He then cackles at his joke as he sets to putting them together.

Mine:     $3.   

2045317332_ScreenShot2020-02-10at8_13_12PM.png.e041c5de5f902a5ff7019b566a4e8adc.png

Husband's Polish:  $4.

There is so much salad to one of these that I have occasionally ordered one "without a dog", which confounds Mohamed.    It is a delicious sandwich even without the sausage.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

A "hot dog" is an option for lunch at our Sunday flea market.    Mohamed runs a meticulous cart and loads every order precisely.    Husband goes for the Polish dog, I the turkey dog.    I ask for catsup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cilantro, dill pickles and loads of jalapenos.    Husband similar but no peppers.     Mohamed jokes as we approach, "One spicy turkey dog for Madam, and one no peppers for the Wimp."    He then cackles at his joke as he sets to putting them together.

Mine:     $3.   

2045317332_ScreenShot2020-02-10at8_13_12PM.png.e041c5de5f902a5ff7019b566a4e8adc.png

Husband's Polish:  $4.