• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

3 hours ago, curls said:

@Kerry Beal will you be bringing your paw kit to the workshop? After Pastyrani's post about gelatin-based fillings, I'm thinking about trying this out at the workshop... would be nice to get a water activity reading too. Also read about some neutral glazed based fillings in the Valrhona literature. Will Rodney have some neutral glaze to play with (recipe uses 400 grams but can definitely 1/2 or 1/3 the recipe)? I think they are trying to do similar things with the gelatin vs. neutral glaze but not sure since I haven't tried any glaze products.

Will bring. Believe Rodney has neutral glaze.

Way back we played with neutral glaze fillings - let me see if I can find.  Here

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

3 hours ago, curls said:

@Kerry Beal will you be bringing your paw kit to the workshop? After Pastyrani's post about gelatin-based fillings, I'm thinking about trying this out at the workshop... would be nice to get a water activity reading too. Also read about some neutral glazed based fillings in the Valrhona literature. Will Rodney have some neutral glaze to play with (recipe uses 400 grams but can definitely 1/2 or 1/3 the recipe)? I think they are trying to do similar things with the gelatin vs. neutral glaze but not sure since I haven't tried any glaze products.

Way back we played with neutral glaze fillings - let me see if I can find.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

3 hours ago, curls said: