• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

12 minutes ago, tikidoc said:

If we want to order a few things, should we just call so they hold them for you? Thinking of that cute frog mold...

@tikidoc I acted on Kerry's reminder yesterday. I emailed about molds I was interested in and asked what they had in stock. A few emails back and forth and then I called to work out the last details and pay for my order (they have an 800 number). They are very good at returning emails & phone calls. Make sure to let them know that Kerry will be picking up your order.

p.s. taxes are high, about 15%, but I think you can get some of the VAT refunded if you submit the appropriate paperwork. I think I took care of this last time on the Canadian side of the border crossing. There is lots more info on the Canadian Customs website.

curls

curls

4 minutes ago, tikidoc said:

If we want to order a few things, should we just call so they hold them for you? Thinking of that cute frog mold...

@tikidoc I acted on Kerry's reminder yesterday. I emailed about molds I was interested in and asked what they had in stock. A few emails back and forth and then I called to work out the last details and pay for my order (they have an 800 number). They are very good at returning emails & phone calls. Make sure to let them know that Kerry will be picking up your order.

p.s. taxes are high, about 15% but I think you can get some of the VAT refunded if you submit the appropriate paperwork. I think I took care of this last time on the Canadian side of the border crossing. There is lots more info on the Canadian Customs website.