• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I'm glad Phillip is gone because I really disliked his failure to take responsibility for any of his dishes that the judges didn't care for but he wasn't by far the worst on his team. I'd argue that Jeremy's executive chef lunch decision put his whole team at a disadvantage and that risotto?  Who makes risotto with water?  Apparently the crispy egg from lunch saved him.

Back to Phillip, I was listening to Carla Hall on Ed Levine's Special Sauce podcast and she said something like, "One of the beauties of being on any reality show, whether you know yourself or not, you will get to know yourself really well when they are playing it back."  I wonder if Phillip has developed any self awareness in watching himself or if he blames any negativity on editing?

I'm rooting for Marjorie and I'm sorry that her dessert failed but glad to see Isaac get a win, especially after getting picked last!   I suppose the strawberry-champagne combination will have to be added to the list of Top Chef kryptonite foods xD after both Marjorie and Phillip got dinged!

Not sure how painful the LCK injuries were for the chefs but it was certainly painful to watch - ouch!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I'm glad Phillip is gone because of his failure to take responsibility for any of his dishes that the judges didn't care for but he wasn't by far the worst on his team. I'd argue that Jeremy's executive chef lunch decision put his whole team at a disadvantage and that risotto?  Who makes risotto with water?  Apparently the crispy egg from lunch saved him.

Back to Phillip, I was listening to Carla Hall on Ed Levine's Special Sauce podcast and she said something like, "One of the beauties of being on any reality show, whether you know yourself or not, you will get to know yourself really well when they are playing it back."  I wonder if Phillip has developed any self awareness in watching himself or if he blames any negativity on editing?

I'm rooting for Marjorie and I'm sorry that her dessert failed but glad to see Isaac get a win, especially after getting picked last!   I suppose the strawberry-champagne combination will have to be added to the list of Top Chef kryptonite foods xD after both Marjorie and Phillip got dinged!

Not sure how painful the LCK injuries were for the chefs but it was certainly painful to watch - ouch!