• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rustwood

rustwood

16 minutes ago, rotuts said:

salt may always be added

rarely subtracted.

enjoy

This is true, although I am sure I am conflating the saltiness and the overall flavor to some extent.  That's especially hard to avoid with country ham since the salt is such a big component.  Breakfast is over now (yum!), but I should try adding some next time.  It seems so obvious now that you've said it, but this is the first time I've had the slightest temptation to add salt to country ham.  Thanks.

rustwood

rustwood

15 minutes ago, rotuts said:

salt may always be added

rarely subtracted.

enjoy

This is true, although I am sure I am conflating the saltiness and the overall flavor to some extent.  That's especially hard to avoid with country ham since the salt is such a big component.  Breakfast is over now (yum!), but should try adding some next time.  It seems so obvious now that you've said it, but this is the first time I've had the slightest temptation to add salt to country ham.  Thanks.

rustwood

rustwood

6 minutes ago, rotuts said:

salt may always be added

rarely subtracted.

enjoy

This is true, although I am sure I am conflating the saltiness and the overall flavor to some extent.  That's especially hard to avoid with country ham since the salt is such a big component.  Breakfast is over now (yum!), but should try adding some next time.  It seems so obvious now that you've said it, but this is the first time I've ever had the slightest temptation to add salt to country ham.  Thanks.