• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

On October 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM, rotuts said:

proper technique is just the opposite of what I would have thought :  the flat side of the blade is 'up' and the bevel is down.

And every fish is different. Japanese fish butchery is a great hobby for anyone who eats fish 2 or 3 meals a day, loves knives,and has endless free time. The best resource I now is Ittasan's Youtube page.

paulraphael

paulraphael

On October 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM, rotuts said:

proper technique is just the opposite of what I would have thought :  the flat side of the blade is 'up' and the bevel is down.

And every fish is different. Japanese fish butchery is a great hobby for anyone who eats fish 2 or 3 meals a day, loves knives,https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj_bzwy94nk9ZJwGruMz4Zg and has endless free time. The best resource I now is Ittasan's Youtube page.