• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

Today I am working on the Index. My contract allows me to do it, or they can take some of my advance to pay a contractor if I prefer. This is really hard work! And after I take my stab at it, I may turn it over to a professional to make sure it's done right. But I like learning new skills so I want to have a go at it first.

I understand the role of Indices for finding things in the text, but I'm also wondering what role they have in web searches/boosting linkages/boosting sales. For example, I mention Ruhlman's Charcuterie in the book. Therefore, it is in the Index. Does that then show up digitally somehow in a way that let's the book be better noticed by Google?

FYI: My Starting Point

My Ultimate Guide

gfron1

gfron1

Today I am working on the Index. My contract allows me to do it, or they can take some of my advance to pay a contractor if I prefer. This is really hard work! And after I take my stab at it, I may turn it over to a professional to make sure it's done right. But I like learning new skills so I want to have a go at it first.

I understand the role of Indices for finding things in the text, but I'm also wondering what role they have in web searches/boosting linkages/boosting sales. For example, I mention Ruhlman's Charcuterie in the book. Therefore, it is in the Index. Does that then show up digitally somehow in a way that let's the book be better noticed by Google?