• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bâtard - On Hallowed Ground in TriBeCa

weinoo

In the space that used to house Corton, nee Montrachet, now sits Drew Nieporent's newest venture, Bâtard.  The room hasn't changed much and there are no white tablecloths on the tables.

But after a first meal here this past weekend, Drew and partners appear to have a winner on their hands.  The food prices are reasonable (for now); as a matter of fact, it's a downright bargain for food this good. 

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 3 weeks later...

A question about wine service: Did you ask what price the wines that they recommended were, or were you actually surprised by the prices when you saw them on the check? I always look at prices unless someone else is treating me and money is no object for them.

Michael aka "Pan"