• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Vegetarian Friendly Restaurant in Newport RI

jtphjl

I will be traveling to Newport, RI the end of May. Traveling companion is a vegetarian. Looking for restaurant suggestions whose menu includes non meat/seafood entree that are not simply after thoughts.

Thanks!

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a fit for foodie restaurant that has a variety of  non meat options.

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

Looking for a fit for foodie restaurant that has a variety of  non meat options.

Does 'meat' include seafood?

My family is vegetarian, and they don't eat seafood, but some self-described vegetarians do, and whether or not this is the case will make a significant difference to the options available to you.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

• 2 weeks later...

My friend does not eat seafood

- Elaine Boosler