• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

26 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I wonder what the reason for that was.  Is there a prominent dish that always uses corn and carrots together?  I mean, why not bundle up potatoes and onions, or eggplant and potato etc.?

Good question. I'm not aware of any dish that uses both carrot and c*rn, but as you may have noticed, I eschew c*rn dishes, so am no expert. That said, this is the fìrst time I've seen that combination.

Combination purchases are not unusual, but as you suggest are more usually based on tried and tested, popular combinations. Clams and mustard greens is a big one. Carrots and daikon radish. Gin and tonic.

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

23 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I wonder what the reason for that was.  Is there a prominent dish that always uses corn and carrots together?  I mean, why not bundle up potatoes and onions, or eggplant and potato etc.?

Good question. I'm not aware of any dish that uses both carrot and c*rn, but as you may have noticed, I eschew corn dishes, so am no expert. That said, this is the fìrst time I've seen that combination.

Combination purchases are not unusual, but as you suggest are more usually based on tried and tested, popular combinations. Clams and mustard greens is a big one. Carrots and daikon radish. Gin and tonic.

liuzhou

liuzhou

15 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Good question. I'm not aware of any dish that uses both carrot and c*rn, but as you may have noticed, I eschew corn dishes, so am no expert. That said, this is the forst time I've seen that combination.