• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steak in San Francisco

Shel_B

Been a very long time since I had steak in the city. But our new favorite is an old school dinner house here in San Ramon called the Brass Door. Excellent steaks and plenty of other interesting things on the menu. And it won't break the bank. McNamara's in Dublin is also good but pricier and less non-steak choices. Esin, in Danville, always has a steak or two on the menu and other great choices (see my EG blog for a review) and never disappoints.

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

I don't understand what's going on between sigma and weinoo, but a get I get a real sense of snarkiness ...

No, not at all...just two posters arguing about each of our points of view :cool: .

From my first post in this topic, all I've been trying to do is answer the OP as best I can.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?