• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

My container of hard, dry brown sugar was dumped into a large Ziploc bag with a tiny bit of water and placed in the microwave, after about 20 seconds or so it was softening up.  I kept massaging the bag and re-microwaving it until it was pretty well malleable.  Then I put the whole bag, tightly sealed (with the soaked clay bear) back into the plastic container...I'm thinking that'll keep it from drying out.

Kim, I love your idea and I'd use it if I ever had marshmallows in the house.

lindag

lindag

My container of hard, dry brown sugar was dumped into a large Ziploc bag with a tiny bit of water and placed in the microwave, after about 20 seconds or so it was softening up.  I kept massaging the bag and re-microwaving it until it was pretty well malleable.  Then I put the whole bag, tightly sealed (with the soaked clay bear) back into the plastic container...I'm thinking that'll keep it from drying out.