• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

m late to the air fryer.  over here :

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/166211-char-siu-using-your-air-fryer/#comment-2416007

I mention why I got one , and the model I chose .  I was in no hurry

as my CSO did most of the things  I was interested in , and my counter tops were clogged w junk  stuff .

that log jam has been cleared , so on w the AF , initially for CharASui.

I tried TJ's fish sticks , which I easily have been baking in the CSO.

my model has a preheat , a beep 2/3'd or so through the cycle for a turn over reminder 

Im sure most AF's have the same thing.  but I decided to ignore both .  pulling out a hot drawer 

twice is something I decided to avoid.   I like the idea of putting the stuff in the AF , picking a temp and time 

and it beeps when done,  Id adjust the time and temp as I go along , by keeping track in a new

IMG_3368.thumb.jpg.bd583cbb308ca7132cdeaba03e9ce72f.jpg

red notebook !  I(ll continue to turn the Char Sui .  but hopefully that's the only item

so TJ's fish sticks :

IMG_3348.thumb.jpg.6d3dc3c18f52013ce59a0dfe4a93d042.jpg

note the perforated parchment paper Im trying out .  1/2 sheet  to see the difference with and without.

frozen FS ready to go .  temp 400 F  15 minutes , from start  , ignored preheat and flip

IMG_3354.thumb.jpg.19e574f94a039f94dc216169dcbd4088.jpg

10 minutes

let it go for the full 15 :

IMG_3357.thumb.jpg.a55bc0b8b510e1df3b5c92885b1897f6.jpg

these were very crunchy , moist , and terrific !  no turning

of note , the FS only stuck to the parchment paper !  clean up was easy  let the try cool completely, then

by hand  hot water w a few drops of dish soap.

much quicker than the CSO , and 15 min was very very crispy , yet still moist.

seasoned AF'ers already know this.

vey pleased I have this , and the counter space 

as its very easy to use.

BTW  the second down on the L FS was the best .

rotuts

rotuts

Im are to the air fryer.  over here :

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/166211-char-siu-using-your-air-fryer/#comment-2416007

I mention why I got one , and the model I chose .  I was in no hurry

as my CSO did most of the things  I was interested in , and my counter tops were clogged w junk  stuff .

that log jam has been cleared , so on w the AF , initially for CharASui.

I tried TJ's fish sticks , which I easily have been baking in the CSO.

my model has a preheat , a beep 2/3'd or so through the cycle for a turn over reminder 

Im sure most AF's have the same thing.  but I decided to ignore both .  pulling out a hot drawer 

twice is something I decided to avoid.   I like the idea of putting the stuff in the AF , picking a temp and time 

and it beeps when done,  Id adjust the time and temp as I go along , by keeping track in a new

IMG_3368.thumb.jpg.bd583cbb308ca7132cdeaba03e9ce72f.jpg

red notebook !  I(ll continue to turn the Char Sui .  but hopefully that's the only item

so TJ's fish sticks :

IMG_3348.thumb.jpg.6d3dc3c18f52013ce59a0dfe4a93d042.jpg

note the perforated parchment paper Im trying out .  1/2 sheet  to see the difference with and without.

frozen FS ready to go .  temp 400 F  15 minutes , from start  , ignored preheat and flip

IMG_3354.thumb.jpg.19e574f94a039f94dc216169dcbd4088.jpg

10 minutes

let it go for the full 15 :

IMG_3357.thumb.jpg.a55bc0b8b510e1df3b5c92885b1897f6.jpg

these were very crunchy , moist , and terrific !  no turning

of note , the FS only stuck to the parchment paper !  clean up was easy  let the try cool completely, then

by hand  hot water w a few drops of dish soap.

much quicker than the CSO , and 15 min was very very crispy , yet still moist.

seasoned AF'ers already know this.

vey pleased I have this , and the counter space 

as its very easy to use.

BTW  the second down on the L FS was the best .