• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Just thought I'd share a tear - someone "helped"!

I went out today and came home to a proud hubby, he'd helpfully cleaned all my chocolate moulds for me... With a sponge, the type with a scourer on the back... Now to see what can be salvaged... :unsure:

Edited by AnythingButPlainChocolate (log)

Sian

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy chocolate, and that's kinda the same thing really."

You have my sympathy. Tough to get angry when they are trying to be helpful - especially when they are so proud of the effort. Last year our younger neighbour decided to do something nice for us and weeded our garden while we were away for the day. We came back to a pristine garden, but devoid of all my herbs that I had so (almost) lovingly tended. This same neighbour the year before decided to do some work on our front yard, and took out our hibiscus tree. This year he once again decided to be helpful and offered to weed the garden. I pointed out my two lonely herb plants, tarragon and sage and asked him to be mindful of them. I am happy to report that the tarragon is still there but the sage has been stripped to a stub. We plan on transferring the stub and tarragon to large pots and put them on our deck. Keep 'em safe from helpful hands and all that.

Anythingbutplainchocolate, you have my sympathy also.

Two years ago, my DH decided to rearrange my canned goods for me in a way that made 'much more' sense. To him. Not to me. Not at all. I did not shed a tear...but it took forever to put them back where they belonged. And without letting him know. Could not hurt his feelings.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Well I've lost 6 truffle moulds and a couple of my Christmas moulds, but it could always have been worse, just got to keep reminding myself of that LoL What could I do, it would be like smacking a puppy, he knows to leave them *totally* alone now and not be helpful. I've told him to keep random acts of kindness away from my chocolate. Now to ship my moulds from Canada... Again...

Sian

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy chocolate, and that's kinda the same thing really."