• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cometeer Coffee - Just When I Thought I'd Seen It All

weinoo

Has anyone tried this stuff?

Capsules, but not with grounds. Instead filled with frozen, "hyper fresh" coffee in them...

Our proprietary process was developed by a team of leading scientists, engineers, and coffee experts. We’ve optimized for every key variable in brewing unbelievably delicious coffee out of the highest quality beans. The result– perfectly brewed coffee at 10x strength– is flash-frozen moments later.

Evidently...

Making great coffee is hard, but melting great coffee is easy. Peel back the lid and drop it into a mug. Add water, enjoy. The end.

They sure get good reviews, and they sure seem to be using coffees from good roasters.

https://cometeer.com/

This Flash-Frozen Coffee Is Revolutionizing My Morning   In her review, Emily has this to say:

But when I’m on deadline or wake up groggy from a late night out, grinding beans and making fresh coffee feels like an insurmountable task.  

Yet as someone who probably has woken up way more groggy than Emily, I have never found making fresh coffee to be insurmountable. 

https://www.wired.com/review/cometeer-coffee-pods/

https://www.cnn.com/cnn-underscored/reviews/cometeer-coffee

Maybe for travel to an airbnb or a vrbo...not a bad idea?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I'm thinking of the product as something to take with us when we travel.

Back in the day, I'd take a fair amount of coffee gear with us on trips. That ship sailed. If this is 50% as good as what I can make at home, it's still way better than the coffee brewed via Keurig, no?

Tasty Travails - My Blog

47 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I'm thinking of the product as something to take with us when we travel.

Back in the day, I'd take a fair amount of coffee gear with us on trips. That ship sailed. If this is 50% as good as what I can make at home, it's still way better than the coffee brewed via Keurig, no?

How do you keep it frozen on your trip?

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

19 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

How do you keep it frozen on your trip?

I don't think that's a problem - 

What happens if the capsules melt?

Our capsules remain at peak flavor for up to 24 hours at room temperature and can be refrozen to lock these flavors in. Past that point, your melted capsules may lack some of the bright and complex flavors of frozen capsules best enjoyed black. However, they can be refrozen and enjoyed as a great coffee flavor as a base for milk drinks like hot and iced lattes.

And...

The capsules have a 24-month shelf life in the freezer, 72 hours in the fridge, and 24 hours at room temperature.

• Thanks 1

Tasty Travails - My Blog