• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pavoni Innovation chocolate molds

As we all know, some moulds de-mould better than others, some always end up with bubbles, others sometimes just mould thinly due to their shapes.

I'm about to purchase quite a few new moulds and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Prvoni Innovation moulds (page showing the type of moulds I'm looking at), good, bad, indifferent?

I'm trying to find a set of moulds that are modern/contempary for some unusually flavoured chocolates.

Thanks!

Sian

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy chocolate, and that's kinda the same thing really."

I have one of the 'curve' molds, have only used it a few times but it's cute and they came out fine. Like other folks, I too tend to reach for my rounder, easier to polish shapes. Chocolate is fussy enough without having to do intricate mold cleaning and polishing :laugh: But overall quality seems high enough.

As the others pointed out, there are various troubles due to the square angles and the complicated shapes. You need a tempering machine and keep it in the high temper zone, plus a vibrating table. If you work manually (none of the two), then you'll regret buying those molds.

Remaining in the Pavoni products, I much prefer the silicone ones. They are intented for dipping (you mold only the ganache) and are expensive, but they work perfectly.

Teo

Teo

• 2 months later...

It's a shame such beautiful things are such a pain... I'm not sure I'm willing to suffer that much for fashion, thanks all

A little late to the game, but I say go for it. Chocolate and baking and even cooking takes time. But as always, in the end when it's pleasing - to look at, smell, eat, it's so worth it. I have several of these molds on my list for some time now ie: Rope; Babele; Parentese and several others. Molding is such a fun experience (I do have other molds - silicone and polycarbonate). I'm not interested in some of the really funky shapes, but to each their own.

I guess i'm used to being in the kitchen for hours at a time so it doesn't bother me too much (the clean up). I sure as heck do like to make a mess. But if you clean as you go along, in the end ther's not much to clean. Enjoy!