• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Visiting Yonkers and dining solo

Mithril

I will be working in Yonkers for a week or so, and have decided to save up my per diem to get a really great meal.

There are a few considerations:

• I am a lady that will be traveling/eating solo
  • I won't know until a couple of days before that I am going so can't make reservations too far in advance
  • My work hours will likely be 7:00 to 4:00 but it is construction-ish work so I will have to clean up before I go, and be back to the hotel by 10:00ish (I do clean up very quickly when required)

I have no problem taking trains or driving. NYC is fine, but so is anyplace else. I am open minded about food but not super adventurous; for example, I have eaten beef tongue and carpacchio, but wouldn't be keen on fish eyes or most organ meats. I can eat at a bar or at a table.

I would be very interested in finding something that I can't get too easily in the Boston area, whether because of cuisine or level of quality.

Any thoughts?