• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Disk Bottom Pans

Shel_B

I have heard that there are two or three methods for attaching the disks to the bottom of pans. Does anyone know how the disks are attached and whichof the methods may be "better?" Is it possible for the disks to separated or detach from the pan under severe use or abuse? Thanks!

... Shel

Shel_B - That's a good link and scrolling down to "CLAD METAL STAINLESS STEEL PANS" shows why those are better than just the disc on the bottom. At least to my mind. :smile:

I've been using AllClad stainless for quite a while and I like the way they cook. The heat really does come up the sides - so much that you don't really want to touch it. The heat even comes up the sides of the 7 quart stockpot, which is pretty high. Like this one.

Between AllClad and LeCreuset, and some old Griswold cast iron that were my mother's, I'm pretty well set.