• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making a Cold Emulsion for Chocolate Modelling

emeeeh

Hi eGullet,

I've been doing some meddling about with modelling chocolate, looking at different websites I have seen references to the "cold emulsion technique" for making chocolate models but I can't find any details! Can anyone please give me a rough idea what it means?

Thanks all :smile:

I think, and I could be wrong, they are referring to the technique (developed by the Japanese for an early 2000's competition where they built a tree on a showpiece with it) where chocolate is run briefly in the Robot Coupe where it softens and becomes malleable but does not leave temper. There is a brief description of the method HERE.

That post has interesting thoughts, I'd be really concerned about temperature. It's also going to be a mess to clean up.

I have done the Robot Coupe trick and it's very quick and easy. It could probably be done in many home-style food processors.