• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SF] Bar Tartine

weinoo

On the last day of our recent trip to SF, we started off a perfectly cool, drizzly weekend with brunch (a meal I rarely, if ever, eat at a restaurant) at Bar Tartine, in the Mission district. Nothing too fancy – it was brunch, after all. But high quality ingredients, expertly prepared...

2011_06 Bar Tartine Menu_2.jpg

For instance, we started off with a salad of little gems and smoked trout topped with crispy salmon skin – as delicious as it sounds...

2011_06 Bar Tartine.jpg

Then I had baked eggs sprinkled with “dry vella Jack cheese,” and Sig Eater opted for a brisket tartine with a smoked onion marmalade and horseradish mayo; both were served with delicious roasted baby potatoes...

2011_06 Bar Tartine 2_2.jpg

Bar Tartine might become my go to brunch place if I lived in San Francisco. And if I normally ate brunch. But even though I don’t do either of the above, I can highly recommend Bar Tartine.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?