• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Granolabar

Granolabar

Hello everyone, I need help with my granola bar recipe.

I am trying to make granola bars using almonds, oats, 3 different types of seeds, a small amount of coconut oil and honey. Honey is the main binding ingredient and gives it that all important crunch. However, after taking the bars out of the freezer they start to loose their texture and crumble. I am heating the honey up to 125/130c, a syrup form that allows me to mix the ingredients.

I've tried different methods, such as changing the honey temperature and cooling temperature to ensure the texture remains crunchy after I've taken the bars out of the freezer; but nothing seems to work and I'm out of ideas now. Please could someone help or suggest different ideas? Thank you

Granolabar

Granolabar

Hello everyone, I need help with my granola bar recipe.

I am trying to make granola bars using almonds, oats, 3 different types of seeds, a small amount of coconut oil and honey. Honey is the main binding ingredient and gives it that all important crunch. However, after taking the bars out of the freezer they start to loose their texture and crumble. I am heating the honey up to 125/130c, a syrup form that allows me to mix the ingredients.

I've tried different methods, such as changing the honey temperature and cooling temperature to ensure the texture remains crunchy after I've taken the bars out of the freezer. However, nothing seems to work and I'm out of ideas now. Please could someone help or suggest different ideas? Thank you