• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chefography on Emeril

Porthos

I was watching the Chefography episode on Emeril last night (there wasn't much to watch). They did a segment on other famous chefs that have been guests on his show. I kept watching for Julia Child since I'd seen an episode of Emeril Live with her on it. It never came. I realized about 1/2 through this segment that only other Food Network celebrities were being shown. At the end of the show there was a brief montage and Julia was in that. It saddened me that the one person who most made showing and teaching food preparation a part of our cultur was ignored in favor of trotting out their own stable of faces.

Just had to vent this to people who understand.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Did they show a clip of Emeril appearing on Julia's show LONG before he became a big Food Network star? Heck, I think that appearance may have occurred before Food Network even existed.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Did they show a clip of Emeril appearing on Julia's show LONG before he became a big Food Network star? Heck, I think that appearance may have occurred before Food Network even existed.

You bet me to it, I was going to mention this episode. I'm pretty sure it was pre-Food Network.

Great fun to see Julia sucking crawfish heads with Emeril.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

I remember that one, Cooking With Master Chefs. Emeril did shrimp etouffee and a crawfish boil... and not a single "bam".

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.