• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rustwood

rustwood

Unless something has changed, the divide and conquer rig is included with all KJ's - that's the main reason I think they are worth a premium.   For a while after the divide and conquer rig first came out you would see old stock that didn't include it, but I haven't seen one of them in a long time. 

Prices do seem to have gone up.  I just did some searching and saw someone say that it was $969 at roadshow in December.  Here is a pic I have from  a roadshow in July of 2016:

5a81c12d8aef3_KJroadshow.thumb.jpg.2738a376a84a583bf6b91d5d4fd3a193.jpg

rustwood

rustwood

Unless something has changed, the divide and conquer rig is included with all KJ's - that's the main reason I think they are worth a premium.  Prices do seem to have gone up.  I just did some searching and saw someone say that it was $969 at roadshow in December.  Here is a pic I have from  a roadshow in July of 2016:

5a81c12d8aef3_KJroadshow.thumb.jpg.2738a376a84a583bf6b91d5d4fd3a193.jpg