• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Healthy, seasonal, upscale dining in London?

Hello...I'll be in London for a few days for work, staying near the Tower Bridge. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice place for dinner that serves interesting healthy and seasonal food on the order of Rouge Tomate in Brussels. Thanks.

It's unlikely any restaurant would claim to serve uninteresting,unhealthy unseasonal food.

But to answer your question, the south side has a few restaurants, the pont de la tour springs to mind, but I haven't eaten there for a year, It was ok then and you do get a nice view for the money

Its a bit of a gastro wasteland both sides of the bridge really, Cafe Spice Namaste can be okay if you can bare the decor!

Edited by sunbeam (log)

I got a bit confused by your reference to healthy food. For me this brings all sorts of unsavoury images to mind!

It's not particularly close to you but Alexis @ Gauthier Soho looks to be doing interesting cooking and has an emphasis on vegetable dishes and so might fit the bill. http://gauthiersoho.co.uk/

You could choose healthy options and eat extremely well at St John Bread and Wine which is pretty close to you at Spitalfields. Much more on the menu than meaty off-cuts.

I'm not familiar with Rouge Tomate. The Prospect of Whitby on the Wapping riverfront used to serve good food (I'm prepared to be pasted for being out of touch !).

A little further away on Bridge street there are a couple of good places.

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.