• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy a cast-iron tortilla press in NYC?

Probably one of the stores on the bowery. Try Bari (my favorite, run by italians) or Chef restaurant supply. Former located west side of bowery just south of houston and latter located northwest corner of bowery and houston. The F,V will get you really close.

Bari is good for bowls and tools, 25% off the listed price.

Chef has a bunch of cambros, although some things you dont know the price until you ask...

Edited by ChickenStu (log)

Thanks ChickenStu -- It helps to have a recommendation for one of the many Bowery restaurant supply houses... Without any sense for which one to choose, I always just got choice overload and walked away!

I think I saw one in the Williams-Sonoma catalog. It was definitely a tortilla press, it may have been iron, and I doubt it was cheap.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

2nd Chef Restaurant Supply. I shop a lot at this store on the northwest corner of Bowery and Houston, particularly because they are open on Saturdays and Sundays.

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure